General MACE Extra Smiles Rewards Programme Terms and Conditions Updated February 2017
These terms and conditions (“Terms”) set out the basis upon which a person who completes and submits a registration form for membership (either in writing via the Application Form offered or via official electronic or online methods, be it an official MACE website or Mobile Application or other method available) of the MACE Extra Smiles Rewards Programme (a “Registered Member”) may receive certain benefits and services. Registration, becoming a “Registered Member” is validated and established by a MACE Extra Smiles card holder receiving a confirmation message from MACE via SMS or Email.
1. promoter of the MACE Extra Smiles Programme (the “Programme”) in the Republic of Ireland is BWG Foods UC, Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
2. MACE Extra Smiles cards and key fobs are issued by the promoter and distributed by your local participating MACE retailer and remain the property of the promoter and the relevant MACE retailer. The MACE Extra Smiles cards and key fobs must be surrendered if so requested for any reason. If found please return to any MACE store.
3. We reserve the right to alter, suspend or terminate the programme and to alter these Terms where reasonably necessary at any time without prior notice. The current version of these Terms will be available on the MACE website (www.mace.ie).
4. A person may not hold more than one Programme membership. Your Programme membership may be suspended or terminated at any time if you breach these Terms or if we or the relevant MACE retailer, at our/its sole discretion, believe(s) there are any other reasonable grounds for doing so.
5. You must present the MACE Extra Smiles card/ key fob at the checkout in participating MACE stores during each transaction to maximise potential reward opportunities. Rewards cannot be exchanged for cash.
6. Our decision shall be final and binding on all parties in all matters regarding the MACE Extra Smiles programme.
7. We welcome customers of all ages to apply for Programme membership. We will not, however, send details of any offers electronically to Members under 18 years of age. It is the responsibility of all applicants to be truthful and honest in respect of all details provided in their application, particularly in relation to their date of birth. This is to ensure that we fully comply, amongst other things, with our data protection obligations and corporate social responsibility policies.
8. Registered Members may upload money to their MACE Extra Smiles card or key fob in a participating MACE store in order to use the card or key fob as a pre-pay facility. When used as a pre-pay facility or for any other reason in which money is uploaded to the MACE Extra Smiles card or key fob you must treat such card or key fob as cash. You may only use a MACE Extra Smiles card or key fob to purchase goods in the MACE store in which the money is uploaded to the card or key fob. However, you may upload money to your MACE Extra Smiles card or key fob in more than one participating MACE store. Where money is uploaded to a MACE Extra Smiles card or key fob in more than one MACE store such amounts will be recorded separately and individual amounts will only be available for the purchase of goods in the MACE store in which the money is uploaded. Money uploaded in one MACE store will not be available to purchase goods in another MACE store. You are responsible for all risks of misuse and unauthorised use of your card or key fob. Neither we nor the relevant MACE retailer will accept any responsibility whatsoever for any loss resulting from cards or key fobs being stolen, mislaid, misused etc. In such an event it is your responsibility to notify, at the earliest possible time in writing, the MACE store in which the money was uploaded to the MACE Extra Smiles card or key fob, who will then take all reasonable steps to ensure that any financial loss is minimised.
9. In the event that a card or key fob is stolen, lost or damaged etc, replacements are available from your local participating MACE store. The replacement card or key fob must then be activated with your details. Visit www.MACE.ie for details on registering a new card or key fob against details already submitted. Alternatively you should request a card number change form in your local MACE store. If a new card and key fobs are registered against personal details already submitted then all old cards and key fobs previously associated with the members personal details will automatically be deactivated.
10. MACE Extra Smiles cards and key fobs are non transferable and may only be used by the relevant Member or a person in the Member’s immediate family. All electronic communications of offers are intended solely for the benefit of the relevant Member.
11. MACE Extra Smiles cards and key fobs may be used at all participating MACE stores in the Republic of Ireland. Some Programme offers will be available only in the MACE store in which you registered, where that MACE store makes available offers in addition to those generally available at all participating MACE stores. Also, since every Member is unique, variable offers may be made available to customers of the same store.
12. If you change your email or mobile phone number, you can adjust your contact details by visiting www.mace.ie or by notifying your local participating MACE retailer.
13. Communications of offers and rewards to Members (except those on open display in MACE stores) will be via email and/or text. If we do not have your current details, we will not be able to send you this information. Technical issues and human error may also restrict transmissions. In such events neither we nor any participating MACE retailer will bear any responsibility whatsoever for any loss resulting from the non-communication of Programme offers or rewards.
14. All Programme offers must be availed of within any time periods specified. All rewards are subject to availability and may be withdrawn or altered.
15. Linked offer rewards refer to shopping practices at individual stores, not necessarily across a number of participating stores.
16. Purchase records relating to the calculation of linked offer rewards will expire after a defined and notified period unless otherwise stated.
17. Product / Offer quotas may apply to Registered Members at the discretion of the promoter or MACE Retailer.
18. Registered Members will receive an email or text to notify you when your MACE Extra Smiles card and key fobs have been fully activated. We will send you this initial communication by email or text, even if you have indicated that you do not wish to receive communications of offers or rewards via email or text. This initial welcome communication will contain a computer-generated password so that you can access the MACE Extra Smiles area at www.mace.ie. This is a temporary password only, and all registered members are advised to change it on-line to a more secure personal password.
19. These Terms and your registration form contain the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the MACE Extra Smiles programme. Except as expressly set out in these Terms, to the greatest extent permitted by law all warranties, conditions, representations, undertaking, statements, terms and provisions express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise are excluded by us.
20. Exclusive Member-Only Draws:
- To participate in an exclusive Member-only draw (a “Draw”), a person must:
1. Be a member of the MACE Extra Smiles Rewards Programme and have a fully registered MACE Extra Smiles card.
2. Satisfy the other criteria set out in this Clause 20 and the other provisions of these Terms.
3. Be over 18 years of age.
- Draws may be operated from time to time for the benefit of Members. When operational, Members shall be entered automatically into a prize draw each time they shop at a participating MACE store, meet any specific stated purchase criteria, and their fully registered MACE Extra Smiles card is swiped at the checkout when making a purchase of eligible goods.
- Members will be notified in-store when a Draw is operational in that MACE store and of the prizes available, the duration and any specific terms applicable to the Draw. Members may also be notified electronically of such information via email and/or text. If a Member has opted out of communications via email and/or text, then no such electronic notification will be provided.
- Qualifying Members will receive entry in to a Draw upon achieving the qualifying purchase (or otherwise) criteria notified in participating MACE stores on eligible goods purchased at participating MACE stores during the timeframe of any Draw. Members will only be entered into a Draw for the period in which their qualifying purchases are made - i.e. if a Draw consists of a series of monthly draws, then a Member will only receive entries for a specific month if they make qualifying purchases at participating MACE stores during the relevant month. Unless specifically stated multiple entries to Draws is permitted.
- Forecourt fuel and other forecourt goods and services, tobacco products, phone top up/ phone cards, all lottery products, baby formula under six months, gift vouchers, savings stamps and vending machine purchases may not eligible goods for the purpose of Draws. Purchases of such goods will not be taken into account when calculating the number of entries to be allocated to a Member in any particular Draw.
- For new Memberships created during the operation of a Draw, a new Member will not receive entries into the Draw in connection with qualifying purchases made in accordance with this Clause 20 unless and until their MACE Extra Smiles card has been fully registered.
- For each Draw, prize winners will be selected at random by a computer-generated process.
- All communications with Members relating to Draws will be by email and/or text only. Members will be notified as soon as practicable after the computer-generated draw process via email and/or text in the event that they have won a prize. Details of the prize and any associated terms and conditions will be provided in these electronic communications. If a Member opts out of receiving MACE Extra Smiles communications via both email and text then no electronic notification will be provided to the Member. A notice will be publicly displayed for a period of time not less than one week in all participating MACE stores notifying Members of all prize winners and any associated terms and conditions.
- Prize-winners must contact management in the relevant MACE store to claim their prize. Prizes may be cancelled or reallocated after 28 days, if unclaimed.
- Neither the promoter nor any participating MACE store accepts any responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage as a result of the non-ability to notify Members electronically or otherwise of the existence of any Draw or that they have won a prize. Members can decide to opt in to receiving texts and/or email at any time by logging onto the Members website via www.mace.ie and updating their personal records in the Membership Manager area. Members are advised to consult the manager in any participating MACE store or to email the Consumer Rewards Programme Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org in the event that assistance is required in this regard.
- A prize cannot be substituted by a participant in a Draw for any other alternatives.
- It is the responsibility of each participant in a Draw to ensure that their correct and current details, including full name, email address and/ or current contact mobile number are registered with their MACE Extra Smiles account.
- The promoter’s decisions regarding the results of a Draw and prize allocations will be final and binding on the participants and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the same.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries made fraudulently.
- The promoter is not responsible for any technical issues, system or software failures encountered on or during entry into any Draw. No responsibility can be accepted for entries which are not received/ recorded for any reason.
- The promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by a participant as a result of participation in a Draw or accepting a prize.
- Winners may be required to participate in reasonable related publicity without further recompense. Images of winners may be used in promotional materials, unless they notify the promoter that they do not consent to such use of their personal information.
- A full list of winners and prizes can be made available on request. In the interest of privacy, some Member details will be withheld.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel any Draw activity at any stage if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The provisions set out in this Clause 20 relating to Draws may be supplemented by additional terms applicable to a specific Draw which may be notified to Members in accordance with this Clause 20. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and any such additional terms applicable to a specific Draw, unless expressly stated otherwise in such additional terms, these Terms shall prevail.
21. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law and any disputes arising under these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.